About the CIPR PRIME Research Fellowship
A £4,000 6-week Fellowship Opportunity exists for one talented student to take the opportunity to shine in the field of communications research and measurement.
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations awards the PRIME Fellowship on an annual basis. The award supports and encourages graduate student interest in public relations research as a career opportunity. It consist of a £3,000 stipend and free walk-to-work accommodation for the 6 week duration of the Fellowship. An additional £1,000 reward is offered for the successful completion of a high quality research paper of a standard that can be published jointly by PRIME Research and the CIPR.
The CIPR / PRIME Fellow will be work at PRIME Research, a global leader in strategic communication research and measurement.
The Fellow will be based at PRIME’s UK offices in the historic city of Oxford for six weeks, following the end of the academic year or during breaks in term. While working with PRIME the Fellow will learn more about public relations research, including data collection and analysis, and interpretation of research results and communications consultation.
During the 6 weeks the Fellow will use PRIME’s proven media analysis systems to complete a paper contributing to the body of knowledge in applied public relations research.
The supervisor and Fellow will assign the topic for the paper, which will be published by the CIPR on completion, providing it meets rigorous quality standards set by both the CIPR and PRIME.
While at PRIME, the Fellow will also have the opportunity to contribute directly to client projects whilst being encouraged to show initiative in developing their research project using PRIME’s bespoke global database.
The Fellow will enjoy all the benefits of part-time employment at PRIME Research, in addition to accommodation in central Oxford and first-hand experience within the sector of strategic communications and PR consultancy.
PRIME Research Fellowships are long-established career opportunities, with most Fellows being offered full-time roles within the company on completion.
Students, do you have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write succinctly and persuasively?
- Confident presentation skills?
- A blend of both team and independent work ethic and motivation to achieve success?
- Excellent computer skills with experience applying quantitative and qualitative research methods and an interest in content analysis and statistics?
- A university background in communications, PR or social sciences with one methodology module (e.g., survey, content analysis, experimental design, etc.) in research methods and at least one completed year?
- An interest in a career in public relations and social media research, measurement and insights?
- The drive to develop and progress your industry knowledge and your career?
- If this sounds like you, then you could be the ideal candidate for the 2015 CIPR PRIME Research Fellowship opportunity.
Richard Bagnall, CEO of PRIME Research UK:
“We are delighted to be working with the CIPR yet again to provide this invaluable opportunity to one worthy graduate. The Fellowship, now in its sixth year, aims to generate interest in public relations measurement and analytics, promote career opportunities within research, and ultimately assist graduates as they transition from academia to employment.”
PRIME Research and the CIPR are searching for an ambitious graduate for this year’s fellowship. Working for PRIME Research UK gives enthusiastic, forward-thinking people a fantastic opportunity
- to gain invaluable experience in the fast-paced media environment
- to work directly with high-profile global clients
- to be part of a successful international team
- to travel internationally across our global network of offices
- for fast progression in a company that truly values individual contribution and promotes based on merit
Application deadline: extended till 31st May
Winner notification: August
Fellowship completion: Post August – [to be discussed with Fellow]
To apply for this Fellowship, please complete the application form.
In addition to completing the application form you will also need to upload:
A Curriculum vitae [max. 2 pages]
A statement of Interest
- Briefly explain why you are the ideal candidate for the Fellowship [relevant experience, education and qualifications]
- Outline your research interests and proposed topic for final paper [include relevant industry knowledge, theory and academia]
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org